You must hold valid safeguarding training to teach Bikeability.
You should refresh your safeguarding training every three years.
We will accept any certified safeguarding course. Talk to your training provider to discuss which course they recommend.
We recommend the following courses from the NSPCC. Use the code BIKE20 to receive a 20% discount.
- introduction to safeguarding and child protection (£24 with Bikeability discount)
- child protection in sport and physical activity training (£20 with Bikeability discount)
You must hold an emergency first aid at work qualification to teach Bikeability. This protects you, your riders and your colleagues.
You should refresh your first aid training at least every three years. The Health and Safety Executive recommends that you should refresh your training yearly.
We will accept any first aid training that meets the criteria outlined by the Health and Safety Executive.
Special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
Bikeability is for all. In England, 15.9% of children have special needs or disabilities. We want all children to be able to access our cycle training. It is important to familiarise yourself with our inclusive delivery guide.
You may also find the following resources useful:
- Wheels for Wellbeing: A guide for inclusive cycling
- UK Coaching: Supporting specific needs
- National Autistic Society: Understanding autism
- Education Endowment Foundation: Special educational needs in a mainstream setting
Log in to Link
Sign into your Link account here