You must register with the Bikeability Trust to deliver Bikeability across England. Only qualified instructors and registered training providers can deliver Bikeability.
There are many benefits to registering:
- Bikeability is the only cycle training standard recognised by the UK government. Active Travel England funds our cycle training programme.
- Bikeability is a trusted brand. Schools, parents and families recognise our cycle training.
- The Bikeability Trust lists registered training providers on our website. People can find your business and get free or private cycle training.
- The Bikeability Trust offers lots of support. This includes delivery guides, resources and continuing professional development.
- You will join a fantastic industry of cycling professionals. You can share best practice and learn from one another.
How do I register?
Read our training provider application guide thoroughly before beginning the application process. This guide details everything you will need to have to be a registered training provider.
Complete an online application form.Online application form
Write all required policies and associated documents. Use our model policies or if you want to write your own documents, you can find guidance on requirements within the training provider application guide.
Email your completed policies and documents to email@example.com. You will need the following:
- Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy
- Complaints Policy
- Safeguarding Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Emergency Procedures
- Incident Report Form
- Training Sites and Routes Risk Assessment
- Instructors’ Code of Practice
- Insurance Quote or Certificate
- Internal quality assurance checks and procedures
Bikeability staff will review and respond to your application within 10 working days.
To deliver Bikeability, you have two options
- You deliver grant funded Bikeability. You deliver this training for a grant recipient who issue invitations to tender for contracts to deliver Bikeability. Grant recipients are local highways authorities (LHAs).
- You deliver private Bikeability cycle training. You can offer training to schools, groups or individuals and charge for this training.
To deliver Bikeability cycle training, funded or not, you must register with the Trust. You must renew your registration every year.