It is important to review your documentation and processes. This will help you improve as a training provider. As a Bikeability training provider you need to have a document outlining which checks and procedures you follow to assure your quality. You are required to review this document at registration renewal and produce and IQA action plan.
What do I include in my checks and procedures?
Your IQA checks and procedures document should include:
- Observation of instructors and mentoring
- Peer review
- Instructor recruitment and induction
- IQA review of procedures
The review of procedures may include the following documents:
- Feedback forms from riders, schools, parents and instructors
- Health and safety and safeguarding incidents and their outcomes
- Complaints and their outcomes
- Instructor observation reports and the actions set.
- Notes from any CPD sessions
- Individual instructor CPD plans and their progress against the plans
- Risk benefit assessments
- Rider tracking documents and achievements
- Last annual IQA action plan (if available)
- Last EQA report (if available)
There also needs to be a commitment to take all the information learnt from the above and feed it into an action plan to drive improvement.
You can adapt and use the following documents: