5.4.4 Setting responsibilities
You need to set your expectations for how the group members will interact with each other. Ask them for their ideas on how to work best as a team.
Most young people will be used to this and are likely to come up with this set of responsibilities:
- We listen to each other, and one person talks at a time.
- I’ll raise my hand if I want to say something.
- We should follow instructions.
- We should give and receive feedback from each other.
- We should all help and respect each other.
Keep these rules simple and brief, using positive language and tone of voice. This will all help to set the scene for the rest of the sessions. If any group members don’t follow these rules, you must follow through with any sanctions for the safety and smooth running of the session.