7.2.3 Snaking rules
Before snaking, the group should agree on the following rules:
- Stay behind the person in front of you.
- Leave enough space to stop but not too much for a driver to cut into the snake (about the length of a cycle).
- If the snake doubles up, leave enough space between each other; you should not be able to reach another rider.
- Follow the line of the front instructor and remain quiet and focussed.
- Do not signal, unless you are the rear rider and the rear instructor has moved to the front. It is safer for riders in the snake to have both hands on the handlebars and is unnecessary for all riders to signal.